Chocolate Chip cookies have always been a favorite in our home. When we found out our youngest wouldn’t be able to have the luxury of enjoying them due to her allergies, I was determined to come up with a delicious recipe that those with and without food allergies could both appreciate!
- 8 Tbsp. of dairy free butter (softened)
- 1/2 Cup of white sugar
- 1/4 Cup of brown sugar (packed)
- 1 Tsp. of vanilla
- 1/4 Cup of applesauce
- 1 and 1/2 cups of flour (sub gluten free flour for those with wheat or gluten allergies**note Pillsbury Gluten Free flour is amazing, wheat free and super easy to use, 1 cup of reg flour= to one cup Pillsbury Gluten Free flour**)
- 1/2 Tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 Tsp. salt
- 3/4 Dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together wet ingredients (butter, white and brown sugar, vanilla and applesauce)
- In separate bowl mix together dry ingredients (flour, salt, and baking soda)
- Carefully add the dry ingredients a little bit at a time in with the wet ingredients.
- Once mixed well, add chocolate chips
- Bake for about 12 min
- Let cool and top off with a glass of coconut, rice or soy milk 🙂
**Recipe will make about 24 small cookies or 12 larger ones-for larger cookies you may need to adjust cooking time by a few min, just keep an eye on them!**