1 & 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
3/4 cup of cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 & 1/2 baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup applesauce
1 cup soy milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup boiling water
- Flour and grease a 12 cup fluted tube pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients together ( sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl).
- Next add in wet ingredients (vanilla, applesauce, soy milk, oil and vanilla).
- Once all ingredients are mixed, add in boiling water-batter will be on the thin side.
- Pour into pan and bake for 55 minutes.
- Cool completely before removing cake from pan.
- Frost (see frosting recipe below) and enjoy!
Vegan Chocolate Frosting Recipe:
1/2 cup of dairy free butter (melted)
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup soy milk
1 tsp. vanilla
- Mix all ingredients together except hot water until combined.
- Drizzle over cake add sprinkles and tada!