It’s the most wonderful time of the year ;)! Since I was a small child every year we would make sugar cookies. Now having my own children I love continuing the tradition however, just one small difference-food allergies. This tried and true recipe is delicious and our whole family enjoys them. You wouldn’t know the difference💛. From our family to yours-Merry Christmas!
-2 and 3/4 cup flour (or gluten free flour-I’ve had the best experience with Pillsbury)
-1/2 tsp. salt
-1 tsp. Baking soda
-1/2 tsp. baking powder
-1 cup sugar (set aside extra 1/4 cup sugar for rolling)
-2 tbsp. brown sugar
-1 cup dairy free butter ( I used Smart Balance Butter)
-2 tsp. vanilla
-egg replacer equivalent to one egg. ( I used Ener-g egg replacer. 1 1/2 tsp. mixed with 2 tbsp. warm water)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Mix together dry ingredients; flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and brown sugar.
2. Slowly add in all wet ingredients; vanilla, egg replacer and dairy free butter.
3. Once fully combined, chill in fridge for about 1 hour.
4. After chilling remove dough, spread extra sugar on counter and begin rolling. (Dough is flakey-gently roll and pat it out)
5. Now the fun part! Get the kids and cookie cutters. Then begin cutting Christmas shapes and decorate with your favorite green and red sprinkles!
6. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 7 min.
7. Let cool and enjoy!